In lieu of a public event, this year we recognize our Council, Staff and Grantees in print format only.
The Dickinson County Endowment Fund Advisory Council is made up of volunteers who broadly represent the County’s residents; we live throughout the County and have diverse backgrounds.
- Austin Fairchild (Terril) – Chair
- Sue Blake (Spirit Lake) – Vice Chair
- Evan Bensley (Lake Park)
- Sandi Bueltel (Superior)
- Greta Gruys (Spirit Lake)
- Cheryl Hessenius (Wahpeton)
- Jim Kennedy (Okoboji)
- Carry Miller (Arnolds Park) – Secretary
- Linda Seeger (Milford) – Treasurer
- Ann Ditsworth (Council Advisor)
Looking back-DCEF Accomplishments
- In 2005, we began a Permanent Endowment Fund with a goal of supporting organizational needs and community opportunities throughout Dickinson County for generations to come.
- We have collaborated with 89 Dickinson County Nonprofit Organizations by awarding
grants for 371 projects and positive impacts in every community in the County.
- Each School District in Dickinson County has experienced the positive impacts of Dickinson
County Endowment Fund grants – 59 awards and $184,073!
- In fifteen years of grant-making [2006-2020], DCEF has provided funding support totaling
$1,410,797 with projects ranging from small to large – $500 to $20,000.
- Seasons Center [$1,000] for the Family Support & Recovery Project
- Bedell Family YMCA [$1,000] for the Y Kids and [$1,500] for the Community Table
- Terril Public Library [$1,500] for Board tables and chairs
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa [$2,500] for “Show Love” Dickinson County youth membership project
- Iowa Lakes Corridor Initiative [$2,500] for Startup Skillup program
- Discovery House [$4,410] for Daniel House painting project
- Spenser’s Underground [$4,795] for Foster Care and Juvenile Support projects
- Dickinson County Fair Board [$5,000] for new Cattle Shed (electrical)
- City of Terril [$5,000] for Memorial Building North Room flooring
- Pearson Lakes Art Center [$5,200] for Dickinson County Youth Art Programming
- Voluntary Action Center [$7,500] for Meals on Wheels program
- Northwest Iowa Habitat for Humanity [$7,500] for 2020 Milford Home Build
- Joyful Journeys [$8,000] for flooring updates
- Okoboji Summer Theatre [$8,390] for Okoboji Campus Improvements
- Dickinson County Public Health [$9,131.42] for Sustaining Immunizations refrigeration equipment
- Spirit Lake Elementary PIE [$15,000] for SLE Community Playground Enhancement Project