The Dickinson County Endowment Fund, in support of sixteen projects led by Dickinson County non-profit organizations, has distributed grants totaling $96,328.
DCEF Council Advisor Ann Ditsworth recognized the 2022 Advisory Council, which is made up of volunteers who broadly represent the County’s residents: Evan Bensley – Lake Park, Vice Chair Sue Blake – Spirit Lake, Sandi Bueltel – Superior, Chair Austin Fairchild – Terril, Greta Gruys – Spirit Lake, Secretary Cheryl Hessenius, Jim Kennedy – Okoboji, Treasurer Linda Seeger – Milford, and Marilyn Vos – Arnolds Park.
Ditsworth also noted, “The Council thoughtfully reviews and considers each application and its impact for our citizens. It is very rewarding to see how our Non-profit organizations continually strive to serve the diverse needs and opportunities throughout the county. We’re excited to support these many positive projects in our communities.”
This year’s grantees include:
- Spirit Lake High School, SLHS Wellness Room, $1,000.00
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa, DC GS Citizen Science Troop Kit, $1,480.00
- Family Crisis Centers, FCC CARES Carnival, $1,500.00
- Lutheran Services in Iowa, DC Behavioral Health Intervention Services, $2,000.00
- American Legion Post #371, New Heating Efficient Furnace, $2,201.15
- Upper Des Moines Opportunity, DC Outreach Accessibility Improvement, $2,600.00
- Iowa Legal Aid, DC Family Stabilization Project, $2,651.00
- DC Museum, DC Historical Research Center, $3,250.00
- Atlas of the Lakes Area, Computer purchase, $5,000.00
- Pearson Lakes Art Center, Youth – Senior Arts Programming, $6,000.00
- Discovery House, Discovery House roofing, $7,500.00
- Spirit Lake Youth Athletics – Little League, SLYA Triple Play Project, $10,000.00
- Iowa Rock ‘n Roll Music Association, Imagine Plaza – Patio Renovation, $10,000.00
- YMCA of the Okobojis, Igniting a Healthy Legacy, $12,000.00
- City of Superior, City Hall Project, $14,146.00
- Spirit Lake Fish Hatchery – IDNR, SL Fish Hatchery Wheelchair lift, $15,000.00
In seventeen years of grant making, Dickinson County Endowment Fund has provided funding support totaling $1,604,433. We have collaborated with 88 Dickinson County Nonprofit Organizations and each School District by awarding grants 405 projects affecting every community in the County.