In lieu of a public event, this year we recognize our Council, Staff and Grantees in print format only.
Looking back-DCEF Accomplishments
- In 2005, we began a Permanent Endowment Fund with a goal of supporting organizational needs and community opportunities throughout Dickinson County for generations to come.
- We have collaborated with 89 Dickinson County Nonprofit Organizations by awarding
grants for 371 projects and positive impacts in every community in the County.
- Each School District in Dickinson County has experienced the positive impacts of Dickinson
County Endowment Fund grants – 59 awards and $184,073!
- In fifteen years of grant-making [2006-2020], DCEF has provided funding support totaling
$1,410,797 with projects ranging from small to large – $500 to $20,000.
- Seasons Center [$1,000] for the Family Support & Recovery Project
- Bedell Family YMCA [$1,000] for the Y Kids and [$1,500] for the Community Table
- Terril Public Library [$1,500] for Board tables and chairs
- Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa [$2,500] for “Show Love” Dickinson County youth membership project
- Iowa Lakes Corridor Initiative [$2,500] for Startup Skillup program
- Discovery House [$4,410] for Daniel House painting project
- Spenser’s Underground [$4,795] for Foster Care and Juvenile Support projects
- Dickinson County Fair Board [$5,000] for new Cattle Shed (electrical)
- City of Terril [$5,000] for Memorial Building North Room flooring
- Pearson Lakes Art Center [$5,200] for Dickinson County Youth Art Programming
- Voluntary Action Center [$7,500] for Meals on Wheels program
- Northwest Iowa Habitat for Humanity [$7,500] for 2020 Milford Home Build
- Joyful Journeys [$8,000] for flooring updates
- Okoboji Summer Theatre [$8,390] for Okoboji Campus Improvements
- Dickinson County Public Health [$9,131.42] for Sustaining Immunizations refrigeration equipment
- Spirit Lake Elementary PIE [$15,000] for SLE Community Playground Enhancement Project
We also awarded $5,000 via these Special Project Grants with our School Districts:
- Graettinger- Terril CSD - COVID Tech and Safety $1,250
- Harris-Lake Park CSD - "Maker Space" materials and manipulatives $1,250
- Okoboji CSD - Amplifiers for Elementary Classrooms $1,250
- Spirit Lake CSD - Personal Wellness in the Life Academy $1,250